This Workshop will guide teams in the creation of a comprehensive program to assist students in obtaining a better understanding of the availability, authority, and uses of relevant information resources in their upper-level courses in language and literature, including both print and online materials. The Workshop will provide guidance and time for each campus team to create a realistic and appropriate action plan that it will take back to campus. To this end, participants will learn about topics such as:
- Best practices in faculty-librarian collaboration in helping students acquire information fluency;
- The role of chief academic officers in promoting the teaching of information fluency across the campus;
- New, online, and traditional resources relevant to the study of English and American language and literature;
- Methods of evaluating the success of an information fluency program;
- Effective uses of physical space and budgets to promote information fluency; and
- Strategies for implementing change on campus.